- naturalist guide
- private transportation from / to Riobamba
- accommodation in basic refuge
- meals and coffee, tea, purified drinking water
- pack animals for the equipment
- necessary equipment and waterproof bags for on the mules
- entrance permit Sangay National Park
Day 1. We leave Riobamba at 9.00. After a 1-hour drive we reach a hacienda near the entrance of Sangay National Park, at 3070 m. / 10.072 ft. altitude. We put our equipment on pack horses and start the hike. If the weather is clear, after some time we will enjoy the first views of the volcano and the valley of Collanes river. We hike for about 6 hours until we reach the Collanes shelter at 3830 m. / 12.566 ft., where we will spend the night.
Day 2. After breakfast we follow the Collanes Plain to El Altar’s crater lake. From the plateau at 4300 m. / 14.108 ft., the highest point of this trek, we have marvellous views of the turquoise-green lake and the snow-capped peaks. In the afternoon we return to the refuge.
Day 3. In the morning we hike down from the refuge to the starting point at 3070 m. / 10.072 ft. From here we return by car to Riobamba.
Arrival at about 14.00.